Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
A fantastic stuffing to be served on Thanksgiving!!
Make and share this Bacon Stuffing recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Break dry bread inot bite-size pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Fry bacon on medium-high heat until crisp; add onion, celery, and butter. Sauté for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Add egg, herbs, chicken stock and slightly cooled bacon/vegetable mixture to the bread. Mix well.
- Spoon stuffing into a lightly greased 9x5 loaf pan and bake at 400F for 45 minutes.
- Remove pan from the oven, invert onto a serving plate, slice and serve.
I can't say enough good things about this stuffing. i made it for thanksgiving '11 for me and the hubbs and he LOVED it, he even loved it even more than his moms. great job.
I was assigned to bring stuffing again this year for Thanksgiving. Last year's stuffing was really good, but I thought to myself, what could make this year's stuffing even better? And it came to me: what makes anything better? Bacon, of course. Off I went to find the perfect stuffing that combined the magical powers of butter and bacon.
I chose this one because it looked very similar to the recipe I used last year, except that it used less butter and (of course) added bacon. Since it wouldn't be Thanksgiving without blocked arteries, I decided to use half butter and half broth, rather than the full amount of broth. For herbs, I used dried rosemary and sage.
The stuffing turned out, as I expected, absolutely fantastic. The top pieces got slightly buttery-crunchy, and below that was deliciously moist. We absolutely loved it.
Thanks for the great recipe!