This is a variation of a baic english muffin recipe I found on Zaar. My kids love these, they make a quick yummy breakfast or snack :)
- Place all ingredients, except bacon, cheese, and cornmeal, in the bread machine, in the order listed.
- Start the dough cycle. When the machine beeps, add bacon and cheese.
- When the dough is finished, sprinkle cornmeal on the work area, and turn out dough.
- Press the dough out into a 1/2 inch thinck rectangle. Turn dough over so both sides are coated in cornmeal.
- Using a large glass or large cookie cutter, cut into 10 rounds.
- Place the muffins on a tray, cover, and leave to rise for about 20 minutes.
- Heat an electric frypan, to medium-high, and cook the muffins for 5 minutes on each side. They should be golden brown when you turn them.
- Split with a knife, and serve warm, or toasted.