Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great for parties, served with butter crackers --- I have left the Tabasco as optional I like to add it in for some heat, all amounts may be adjusted to taste.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 lb grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 6 -8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (or to taste)
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup pimiento, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely minced
- Tabasco sauce (optional or adjust to taste)
- Combine all ingredients; mix well then form into a ball.
- Cover with plastic wrap and efrigerate overnight to blend flavours.Delicious!
Oh how yummy! I forgot the tabasco and had to use dried parsley and was generous with the green onions! I used extra sharp cheddar and minced garlic that comes in the big jar. I split this into 2 cheese balls. One I topped with leftover bacon and the other I rolled in chopped walnuts. They were both awesome and my guests loved it. It is even better after the 2nd day. Thanks for another great one Kitten!
Wonderful cheese ball recipe. I made this for our christmas party this year along with Recipe#184123. I had some smoky cheddar cheese left from other recipe so I used it in this one also added some accent, greek seasoning and black pepper and I rolled the cheese ball in chipped beef. It was a hit at the party. Flavors were wonderful! Thanks for sharing this delicious cheese ball recipe :)
Very good- was surprised that it had a spicy kick to it. I suspect it may have been the pimientos, but I'm not complaining! Next time I think I'll DOUBLE the bacon (because I'm totally gross) and maybe crumble up some extra and roll the outside in bacon crumbs.