Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is one of our favorite hamburger recipes. You can substitute bleu, gorgonzola, or feta for the Roquefort cheese. Don't forget the American fries!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 ounces Roquefort cheese or 4 ounces other blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leave
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 4 leaves lettuce
- In a large bowl, lightly mix the ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and pepper. Divide into 8 equal portions and flatten each one into 1/4-inch thick patty. In a separate bowl, combine the crumbled bacon, Roquefort cheese and thyme. Place an equal portion of the bacon mixture onto 4 of the patties. Top with the remaining 4 patties, pressing the edges together to enclose the filling.
- Preheat a grill for medium heat. When hot, lightly oil the grate.
- Grill the patties for 6 to 8 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Serve immediately on toasted buns, topped with tomato, onion and lettuce.