This is one of our favorite hamburger recipes. You can substitute bleu, gorgonzola, or feta for the Roquefort cheese. Don't forget the American fries!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 ounces Roquefort cheese or 4 ounces other blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leave
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 4 leaves lettuce
- 1In a large bowl, lightly mix the ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and pepper. Divide into 8 equal portions and flatten each one into 1/4-inch thick patty. In a separate bowl, combine the crumbled bacon, Roquefort cheese and thyme. Place an equal portion of the bacon mixture onto 4 of the patties. Top with the remaining 4 patties, pressing the edges together to enclose the filling.
- 2Preheat a grill for medium heat. When hot, lightly oil the grate.
- 3Grill the patties for 6 to 8 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Serve immediately on toasted buns, topped with tomato, onion and lettuce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon and Roquefort Stuffed Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (381 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 775.5
- Calories from Fat 437
- Total Fat 48.6 g
- Saturated Fat 20.4 g
- Cholesterol 185.2 mg
- Sodium 1066.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 54.3 g