Recipe by Dancer^
Top Review by Heather ND
These were wonderful. I made them pretty much just as the recipe says. The only thing that I did a little different is I put the onion, bacon and stems in the food processor so they would be really small pieces. The taste was amazing. Thanks so much for posting and contributing to my Easter dinner.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 -6 slices bacon, fried and crumbled, reserve fat
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 20 -25 large mushrooms, stems removed
- 8 mushroom stems, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Saute onion and mushroom stems in bacon fat until tender.
- Drain off excess fat.
- Mix crumbled bacon, onion and stems with softened cream cheese until the mixture is workable.
- Stuff each mushroom and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Finish under the broiler just until tops are golden.