Prep 50 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great snack for kids and they can have fun preparing it too.
- 1 loaf bread (any kind will do)
- 2 -3 beaten eggs
- 1 package Danish bacon or 1 package Canadian bacon
- 1 package of kraft singles American cheese (you can use any kind of cheese as long as its thinly cut)
- grated bread, trimmings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Trim the edges of the bread and set aside the trimmings.
- Flatten the bread with a rolling pin.
- Make sure that it is REALLY flattened.
- Take a piece of the bacon and cheese and lay them on one end of the bread.
- Roll the bread together with the cheese and bacon and by using a small brush, seal the open end of the rolled bread with the eggs.
- Heat the butter in a skillet.
- Dip the whole roll in the eggs and roll in the grated bread trimmings until completely covered.
- Fry until golden brown.
- (For a healthier alternative, bake the rolls instead of frying them and use only Canadian bacon).