Recipe by Brandess
I have been making these for eons from an old Pillsbury cookbook, though I have changed the recipe a bit over time. I recently started using the new Recipe Creations flaky dough sheets from Pillsbury instead of the crescent dinner rolls listed below. Either way, they are very little work for such a huge welcoming from your guests and family. Be prepared to double this recipe.
Top Review by sandrajsutton
These are delicious, I have been making them for years. At Christmas, I use scallions & roasted red peppers along with the bacon. I have never tried the parmesan cheese. What no one mentioned is that these freeze beautifully. Make up to instruction #8, put on a waxed paper lined cookie sheet & freeze for 60 minutes and then place in a freezer bag. You then just have to take out as many as you want to bake & follow the remaining instructions, baking from a frozen state & just add a couple of minutes to the baking time. Depending upon whether I am serving these in place of rolls for dinner or as an appetizer, depends on the side I roll from, bigger for dinner rolls and smaller for appetizers. These are always a hit!! Thank you for posting the recipe!
- 1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 2 tablespoons hormel real bacon bits (can substitute 5 slices bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled)
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- If using crescent rolls: Unroll dough; separate into 4 rectangles. Firmly press perforations to seal. If using dough sheets: Unroll dough; cut into 4 rectangles.
- In small bowl, mix cream cheese, onion and milk; beat until well blended.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture evenly over each rectangle.
- Sprinkle each with bacon.
- Roll up, starting at longest side; pinch edges to seal.
- Cut each roll into 8 slices.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm. Store in refrigerator.