Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love potato salad, and I love cheese and bacon -- this is a combination of all of them. Can serve at room temperature or chilled (I like it chilled best!). Time does not include chilling time if you choose to go that route.
- 2 lbs red potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 8 slices bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (optional)
- In a 4-quart saucepan, cover potatoes with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain and cool slightly.
- While potatoes are cooking, combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add potatoes and toss to coat. Season, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper.
Love bacon and cheese in potato salad. I added some salt and pepper also. Made for I Recommend.
I scaled back for 4 serves, as I was hoping to have some left over but the 3 of us gobbled up the lot as part of our dinner. I left the skin on the potatoes and used Carisma potatoes which are a low GI potato. Thank you iewe, made for I Recommend tag game and recommended by Boomette.
Made for ZWT6 mainly because we love potato salad, but DH does not favor those that use pickles or pickle relish. Like you, I also love the combo of cheese & bacon in potato salad. I made a half recipe as written for 2 of us except I left out the milk as it was fine w/o it. I did use the vinegar & added a bit of salt + a generous amt of lemon pepper as a pers pref. We liked this a lot, iewe. Thx for posting the recipe for us. *Edited to Add* that 1 of the beauties of potato salad is that it can be made ahead, left to chill & almost always improves w/it. *But* care should be taken not to add the cheese till just b4 serving to avoid a mushy cheese effect. :-)