Cook1 hr 10 mins
Fantastic side dish, good with just about any entree, and very easy to make.
Make and share this Baby red potatoes with garlic and parsley recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a 2 quart casserole dish (I use garlic flavour Pam).
- Scrub potatoes, chop into halves or quarters, depending on size of potato; place in casserole dish.
- Cut butter into pats; place randomly around top of potatoes.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Sprinkle with garlic.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes.
- Stir; cover; continue baking at 375 for about an hour, or until the potatoes are tender, stirring a couple more times during baking.
Very good base if made as is. However, the second time around I added some salt and pepper, onion powder and paprika to the potatoes, as well as approx. 1/2 cup parmesan cheese halfway through cooking time. It was very yummy!!
Perfectly wonderful...I was short on time so I pre-boiled my potatoes (cut into same-size chunks) for about 15 minutes in salted water, drained, then dumped them in a buttered baking dish and topped them with the recipe ingredients. I melted the butter and poured it evenly over the potatoes and I used fresh parlsey, about 1/2 c. finely chopped. I also salted the potatoes and peppered them liberally before popping them into the oven. They only needed 30 minutes roasting time and came out fabulous!
I also used DoubleA's Mom's tip and made them that much better! :) Also boiled them for 15 minutes before baking... nice.