Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Fantastic side dish, good with just about any entree, and very easy to make.
Make and share this Baby red potatoes with garlic and parsley recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a 2 quart casserole dish (I use garlic flavour Pam).
- Scrub potatoes, chop into halves or quarters, depending on size of potato; place in casserole dish.
- Cut butter into pats; place randomly around top of potatoes.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Sprinkle with garlic.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes.
- Stir; cover; continue baking at 375 for about an hour, or until the potatoes are tender, stirring a couple more times during baking.
Very good base if made as is. However, the second time around I added some salt and pepper, onion powder and paprika to the potatoes, as well as approx. 1/2 cup parmesan cheese halfway through cooking time. It was very yummy!!
Perfectly wonderful...I was short on time so I pre-boiled my potatoes (cut into same-size chunks) for about 15 minutes in salted water, drained, then dumped them in a buttered baking dish and topped them with the recipe ingredients. I melted the butter and poured it evenly over the potatoes and I used fresh parlsey, about 1/2 c. finely chopped. I also salted the potatoes and peppered them liberally before popping them into the oven. They only needed 30 minutes roasting time and came out fabulous!
I also used DoubleA's Mom's tip and made them that much better! :) Also boiled them for 15 minutes before baking... nice.