Young tender baby greens, topped with slices of mellow ripe pears with a sprinkling of Gorgonzola and toasted pecans. The flavors are enhanced by the Honey Mustard Dressing. This salad goes well with pork or chicken.
- 2 -3 ounces mixed baby greens
- 1⁄2 ripe pear, cored, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, toasted, coarse chopped
- 4 tablespoons gorgonzola, crumbled
Honey Mustard Dressing
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a small container with a tight fitting lid and shake vigorously to blend.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- If not serving immediately, place the dressing in refrigerator. Before serving, allow the dressing to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Layer chilled salad plates with the baby greens and top with thinly sliced pears.
- Sprinkle with toasted pecans and cheese, drizzle with dressing as desired.