1 hr 15 mins
Chef #313186's Note:
This recipe will make meatloaf lovers out of meatloaf haters! It is an Emeril recipe off the foodnetwork website. I have modified it here and there...just types of meat and the topping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup ketchup, for topping
- 1/4 cup ketchup, for meatloaf
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons coarse black pepper
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1Saute butter, onion, celery, and bell pepper until carmelized.
- 2Add garlic, thyme, rosemary, and parsley. Cook 2 minutes. Cool in a mixing bowl.
- 3Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 4To mixing bowl with vegetables, add eggs, mustard, 1/4 cup ketchup, Worcestershire, and cream. Mix.
- 5Add breadcrumbs, meat, salt, and mix with hand just until combined. Do not overmix.
- 6Form into 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- 7Combine 1/2 cup ketchup and 1/4 cup of brown sugar (or to taste).
- 8Poke holes into the meatloaf and drizzle the topping over it, allowing it to seep into the meat.
- 9Cut bacon slices in half, lengthwise, and place in strips over the top of the meatloaf.
- 10Bake for 45 minutes and until the sauce is slightly caramelized on the top.
- 11Remove from the oven and tent with foil. Let it stand about 10 minutes before serving.
- 12I serve it with scalloped potatoes.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Awesome Meatloaf (Emeril's)
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 495.8
- Calories from Fat 292
- Total Fat 32.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 165.7 mg
- Sodium 916.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 26.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: