Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Terrific for Thanksgiving as it can be made ahead of time and refrigerated until needed
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 cups parmesan cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (light is ok)
- 1 cup chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- salt and pepper
- Peel and quarter potatoes.
- Add to pot of boiling salted water.
- Cook until tender but still firm.
- Drain and return to stove for 1 to 2 minutes to dry out.
- Add butter, 2/3 of parmesan,cream cheese, chives, garlic, and salt and pepper mix well until smooth.
- Place potato mix into lightly buttered casserole dish and top with remaining parmesan.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
Absolutely delicious! Major hit in my house!
I printed this recipe for my sister to make for our xmas party, having never had it before myself. We all loved it. We'll be using this recipe again. Thanks alot!!
I made this for Thanksgiving and my family absolutely loved it. I couldn't get the yukon gold potatoes and had to settle or Idaho and it still worked. Nice recipe.