Cheddar Cheese Mashed Potato Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 8 large potatoes
- 1 -2 tablespoon onion salt
- 1 pint sour cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup cheddar cheese or 1 cup colby cheese, grated
- Peel and cook potatoes until tender.
- Mash potatoes with onion salt and sour cream.
- Add butter.
- Place in a 2 quart casserole dish and press down slightly.
- Top with cheese. Refrigerate overnight. Bake at 350°F for 1 hour.
Join The Conversation
I make this with larger red potatoes, replace onion flavor with regular salt & pepper, and add 1 8 oz block of Philadelphia Cream Cheese. I serve it with chopped onions and shredded extra sharp cheddar so guests can doctor their own, as some folks just want turkey gravy. FYI, I reserve the potato water and use half and half with milk to make my turkey gravy. THEY LOVE IT!!!!