Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Refreshing, quick and easy. Use as a salad or salsa. Fill a wrap, top a plate of greens or grilled fish, meat or chicken. The frozen corn chills the salad down which adds to the refreshing taste for hot summer days! You can go mild or kick it up with a jalapeno or smokey chipotles! Yes, parsley can be use in place of the cilantro.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced or
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo (optional)
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn, rinsed
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced tomatoes (grape tomatoes cut in half)
- salt and pepper
- Mix the first 5 ingredients together.
- Add avocado, onions, corn and tomatoes. Toss into dressing.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Let sit for 30 minutes, toss and enjoy!
This is delicious! And gorgeous too. Loved the chipotle. Served ours with shredded pork. Thank you Rita~ for sharing.
I left out the oil because I didn't feel it was totally necessary for my daily fat intake, added some drained black beans because I LOVE 'em and they seemed to fit with the theme of the ingredients. OH, RITA! I ate six spoonfuls immediately upon mixing everything together. It is divine and I can not wait to attack the bowl with my Tostitos for lunch tomorrow! YAY!
Superb flavor! Beautiful combination of colors and flavors!! I used the jalapenos and the spiciness was right on target for our taste. I served with blue corn tortilla chips for a beautiful presentation! Thanks so much for sharing your spectacular recipes with us, Rita!