Refreshing, quick and easy. Use as a salad or salsa. Fill a wrap, top a plate of greens or grilled fish, meat or chicken. The frozen corn chills the salad down which adds to the refreshing taste for hot summer days! You can go mild or kick it up with a jalapeno or smokey chipotles! Yes, parsley can be use in place of the cilantro.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced or
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo (optional)
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn, rinsed
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced tomatoes (grape tomatoes cut in half)
- salt and pepper
- Mix the first 5 ingredients together.
- Add avocado, onions, corn and tomatoes. Toss into dressing.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Let sit for 30 minutes, toss and enjoy!