Sweet Corn & Tomato Salad With Fresh Cilantro
photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- 10 ears fresh corn, husked
- 2 lbs plum tomatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3⁄4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar (or to taste)
- Cook corn in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, about 5-8 minutes.
- Drain; cool to room temperature.
- Cut kernels from cobs.
- Transfer corn to large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients; toss to blend.
- Season salad to taste with salt and pepper.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a wonderful recipe! A perfect dish when a quick side is needed for a busy day at home, or to take to a church potluck or summer picnic. It is very flavorful, and will pair well with any meat whether steak or a grilled hot dog... I did not have any red onion, so I subbed green onion in its place. This recipe also adds such vibrant color to ones plate! I will definitely be making this again Mom2Rose :) Thank you so much for sharing! Made and Reviewed for the 61st OZ/NZ Recipe Swap
Absolutely fantastic! DH raved about this salad, and I quite enjoyed it myself! The sweetness of the plum tomatoes and corn are complimented by the fresh cilantro. The only adjustment I made to this recipe was using cooked, cooled frozen corn instead of fresh/canned and garlic chives instead of red onion (simply because I didn't have one). I served this along with my other swap choices (Recipe #324145, Recipe #305909 and Recipe #296525) for a nice summer dinner. This is definitely a keeper. I plan to take this to a number of summer picnics this year. Thank you for sharing! (Made for Recipe Swap #29 - June 2009)
see 1 more reviews