An appetizer that is quick to go together and very tasty as well. I make 1/2 a recipe at a time in the toaster oven.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Brush olive oil on slices of bread and toast for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove toast and cool slightly. Using small butter knife, spread avocado, like butter, onto each bread slice. Season each slice with garlic salt and pepper.
- Cut tomato in half and slice down in 1/2 moon slices, 5 slices per half.
- Place on top of seasoned avocado bread slice.
- Cut fresh mozzarella the same way as tomato, yielding 20 slices. Place on top of tomato.
- Put under the broiler for an additional 3 minutes, until cheese in melted.