Mozzarella Basil Bruschetta
- Ready In:
- 6 slices Italian bread, 1/2-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese, halved
- Cut each slice of bread in half; place on an ungreased baking sheet and brush with oil.
- In small bowl, combine the tomato, basil, pepper and salt.
- Spoon 1 T over each piece of bread; top with cheese and remaining tomato mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Join The Conversation