Recipe by Happy Hippie
My mom used to make these fantastic sandwiches when I was a kid and I've always loved them. I've made a few alterations to her basic recipe, and it's so good. This sandwich can be altered in many ways, including the additon of some salsa to spice it up. Please share your thoughts if you prepare this sandwich, I'd love to hear your thoughts and I'd like to hear about any variations you might make.
Top Review by mistylin #2
this was an awesome sandwich although i did change it a bit i took some good french bread and hollowed it out layered the avocodo, i did not mash it like you would do for guacamole, then some spices salt pepper, garlic onion, pepperjack cheese, and a bit of salsa, then i put the top on and wrapped in tinfoil and baked for about 10 min til nice and warm, great, also a great addition was alfalfa sprouts!! thank you for the great idea!
- 1 avocado
- 2 slices bread, . (your favorite, great on toasted bread, I bet this would be awesome on a bolillo roll ( torta bread)
- mayonnaise (adjust the amount to what suits you)
- tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tablespoon onion (chopped or sliced use what you like)
- 2 teaspoons cilantro, to taste (chopped)
- lettuce (Use what you like and in the amount that you like.)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel, slice and mash avocado in a small mixing bowl.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and blend into mashed Avocado.
- Spread mayonnaise on both bread slices.
- Spread mashed Avocado on one slice of bread.
- Top with onion to taste.
- Add sliced tomato.
- Top with chopped cilantro to taste.
- Add lettuce (use what you like).
- Top with second slice of bread and enjoy!