Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Autumn Minestrone recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1⁄2 cups peeled and cubed winter squash (I have used acorn, butternut and buttercup)
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup peeled and diced carrot
- 2 1⁄2 cups cubed potatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups vegetable broth (or water)
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained
- Heat the oil in a big pot over medium heat.
- Add the onions and garlic; stir and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add in the squash, celery, carrots, potatoes, oregano, salt, pepper, and water.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and cook until potatoes are done (10 minutes or so).
- Add in the kale and beans; let simmer for 5-7 minutes or until kale is tender and the beans are heated; season to taste with additional salt/pepper if desired.
- Serve immediately.