Autumn Harvest Minestrone With Bone Broth (Vegan Option Availabl
photo by Heather N.
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 20mins
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups kettle and fire beef bone broth (if you do not have bone broth use all beef or vegetable broth)
- 2 cups beef broth (omit for vegan)
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon (omit if making vegan)
- 6 cups vegetable broth (use this as a replacement to beef broth only if making vegan)
- 2 1⁄2 cups diced baby potatoes
- 2 1⁄2 cups diced butternut squash (I bought it pre-cut)
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced into quarters
- 2 cups packed chopped kale leaves (remove any thick ribs)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 ounces tomato paste
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2⁄3 cup dry ditalini (optional)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme (or 1 tsp dried)
- salt and pepper
- shaved parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
- Saute onion in olive oil until tender.
- Add broth, bullion, canned tomatoes, and tomato paste to slow cooker. Blend well.
- Add herbs and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add all vegetables. If there is not enough liquid to cover add more broth, or water and bullion if you are out of broth.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours or until carrots are fork tender.
- If using pasta add to slow cooker last 15-20 minutes before serving.
- Serve hot with Parmesan cheese on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Don't forget to KISS the cook!! :D I love to experiment with food. I love bold flavors. I love to cook and find it especially pleasing when I have someone special to cook for. ? 8726894"