Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
These cookies have the sweetest hint of maple flavor, with a delectable sugar cookie-esque base. Not too hard and not too cakey. Delicious! Perfect for the fall season (or anytime for that matter!)
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream sugars and butter together.
- Add egg and vanilla and maple extracts and mix well.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and spices. Gradually add to butter and sugar mixture.
- Drop into small balls onto a nonstick cookie sheet. Decorate with sanding sugar or festive sprinkles.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes.
These cookies are so yummy. It's hard to take just 2 and be reasonnable. I used only 1/2 cup of sugar. Thanks s. anne :) Made for PAC Fall 2012
Oh, these are so sweet and adorable and what a great treat for this time of year. Perfect. The ingredients measured out to make a perfect cookie. The only thing I omitted was the cloves. Thanks for posting this keeper Anne. Made for Fall's PAC 08~