Large Batch Sugar Cookies
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This recipe is very versatile, and can easily be broken down into several smaller parts to add different ingredients, as for Holiday cookies.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb butter, at room temp
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 6 cups all-purpose white flour
- Mix together flour, salt, soda, and baking powder and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat well. Add vanilla, beat. Add milk, beat. Slowly add in the flour mixture, one to two cups at a time, and mix well.
- When all ingredients have been added in, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least two hours or overnight before baking.
- Before baking, preheat the oven to 350.
- Scoop dough by teaspoon-fulls and roll into balls, then place onto cookie sheet. Use a kitchen glass dipped in white sugar to flatten the balls of dough. Bake in preheated oven aprox 12 min, or until golden.
- Let set on cookie sheet for aprox 3 min, until firm, then transfer to cooling rack, or wax paper, to cool completely.
- *These can also be sprinkled with Cinnamon before baking to make Snickerdoodle or Spice Cookies.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION