Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I'm from California and this is a true pilaf recipe from some Armenian friends I have. The key to perfect rice pilaf is not to PEEK while it's cooking!
- 1⁄3 cup butter (never margarine!)
- 2 -3 bunches vermicelli
- 1 cup of uncle ben converted rice
- 1 can Swanson chicken broth
- 1⁄2 can water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Melt butter in 2 qt saucepan.
- Crumble vermacelli and add to melted butter.
- Saute until vermacelli is golden brown.
- Add rice, broth, water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer.
- Cover and cook for 25 minutes.
- DO NOT PEEK!
Excellent rice dish. Very flavourful. So easy to make. I used spaghettini because I didn't have any vermicelli. Will definitely make this again!
Excellent recipe. So simple. I started making it in 2007 and last night I made it for Thanksgiving. Everyone loved it. Makes a nice amount. Only improvement IMO, a little salt. Thank you.
I make this all the time, we love it! The directions are perfect, turns out the same every time. Thank you!