Perfect Rice Pilaf
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
An easy and very palatable dish to go with other oven baked entries, like Dutch Baked Chicken, fresh grilled salmon, pork loin roast, etc.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 cup raw regular long grain rice
- 1 dash thyme
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups beef broth
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In 1/4 cup butter cook onion, green pepper and mushrooms.
- Set aside.
- In same skillet, heat remaining butter and brown rice slightly.
- Add chicken broth and heat.
- Pour all ingredients into a 1 1/2 qt.
- Cover and bake 40 minutes or until iquid is absorbed.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made half this for 2 of us. I sauteed onion mushroom and red pepper, chopped up some cherry heirloom tomatoes and added to the sauteed veggies. I cooked the rice and added the veggies in after the rice was cooked. I had to use water for the rice because i didn't have any chicken broth or bouillon. Still had great flavor. I did the whole recipe on the cooktop not in the oven starting with browning the rice.Reply
I used my electric pressure cooker. I reduced the fat by half using 2 T butter and 2 T olive oil. I sauted the veg and rice in my (open) pressure cooker. Reduced the broth to 1 3/4 cup, stirred into rice mixture, put on lid and cooked on the cycle recommended for white rice. Turned out great in less than 30 minutes total time. Great recipe.Reply
see 2 more