Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe from Will's Aunt Martha in Huntsville, AL - said it was a favorite of her kids, and we can't wait to try it!
- 4 boneless pork loin chops
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken stock
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- Season flour with salt and pepper.
- Spread mustard on chops and dredge in flour.
- Heat a skillet on med high, and melt butter.
- Brown chops in butter on both sides for 2 minutes.
- Add onion and broth and cover, simmer 10 minutes.
These were great, flavorful chops. I used honey mustard instead of plain yellow mustard. There was a lot of liquid, and I had to strain the onions out of it because they were still crunchy after the short simmer time. (My family is anti-crunchy-onions.) I let the sauce boil a bit to reduce it. The result was a delicious chop dish! Thanks for posting this.
This was quick and has a great flavor! I used a restaurant's special sauce (cause it's just that good) and I didn't have any onions but regardless it turned out great. Thanks Aunt Martha :-)