Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
i got this recipe from my aunt who makes them every year for christmas. her instructions say to bake til light brown but I haven't made these cookies yet so i dont know how long that takes. i would probably let them cook for 8 minutes and then check every 2 minutes or so.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄3 teaspoon vanilla
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the second 4 ingredients in another bowl.
- Mix both bowls together.
- Roll out and cut dough using cookie cutters.
- Bake until light brown, let cool then frost.
- For the frosting combine final 4 ingredients.
- If its too thin, add more sugar, too thick, add more milk.