Top Review by Sue Lau
This tasted absolutely fantastic! It has a perfect Lebanese flavor that would pair with many middle eastern and mediterranean foods. I served this with Elmotoo's (Recipe #219789) . Along with an entree, these two sides will wrap up a meal. Definitely a keeper! Thanks for sharing. ~Sue
- 3 -4 aubergines
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 small grated onion
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 -2 garlic clove, crushed
- salt and pepper
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- black olives (garnish)
- green pepper (garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash aubergines, place in baking pan and bake in moderate oven (about 350°F) for about one hour or until soft.
- Allow the skin to turn black so as to give a smoky flavour to the salad.
- Skin aubergines while still hot and chop in small pieces.
- Mix with onion, garlic, tomatoes, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Garnish with olives and pepper rings.
- Serve with roast meat, and grilled or fried fish or as appetizer.
- Serves six.