Warm Eggplant (Aubergine) Salad
Tasty warm eggplant salad, great served with yogurt and my "Fennel and Sea Salt Pita Bread Crisps".
- Ready In:
- 2 large eggplants
- 20 ml olive oil, plus
- extra olive oil, to brush
- sea salt
- 3 large tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 small red chile, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 20 ml lemon juice
- 20 ml red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200C (400F).
- Peel strips off the eggplant skin with a vegetable peeler, slice eggplant into 1cm (just under 1/2 inch) thick slices.
- Brush both sides with the extra olive oil, then place in a baking dish and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, if eggplant is a little dry, sprinkle with water, cool for 5 minutes, then cut into 1 cm cubes and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, add tomatoes, garlic, spices, chilli, sugar and salt.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, remove from heat and add juice, vinegar and black pepper.
- Add to the reserved eggplant, stir through herbs.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION