Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fresh asparagus with a lovely vinaigrette.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb fresh asparagus
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons shallots or 2 tablespoons spring onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon, chopped (1/2 tsp dried tarragon)
- Cook and chill asparagus.
- Combine other ingredients to make sauce.
- Pour sauce over asparagus and serve.
Lovely! The vinagrette was the perfect dressing. Just the right amount of savory touch from the mustard. I loved the tarragon, and it gave the asparagus another pleasing layer of flavor. I adore asparagus and I loved trying this excellent recipe. Thanks, MizBev for sharing the recipe.
This sounded great, as I wanted to make a cold meal, and I had a lot of asparagus that I bought yesterday. It helps that I have a good herb garden, so had no problems with the ingredients. I wasn't sure about the eggs, but put them in anyway. I tasted the end product, and found it needed something, so added just a tiny touch of salt and pepper, and squeezed in a half a lime's juice. That did the trick for me! It is a recipe I'll use again.