1/1 Photo of Asparagus-Stuffed Chicken Cordon Bleu With a Creamy Wine Sauce
Feast Your Eyes!'s Note:
One taste and you won't be able to resist saying: "C'est magnifique!" Chicken breasts are stuffed with fresh asparagus, wrapped in ham and swiss cheese, and topped off with bread stuffing and a creamy-wine sauce. While it may taste like you cooked it all day, this delicious chicken with its' "french flair" takes only about 1 hour to prepare.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 18 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 170.09 g package seasoned stuffing mix (Stove Top )
- 1.23 ml coarse salt
- 0 tespoon white pepper
- 59.14 ml butter, melted
- 59.14 ml Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 59.14 ml dry white wine
- 6 slice deli smoked ham, sliced thin
- 6 slice of deli aged-swiss cheese, sliced thin
- 236.59 ml seasoned dry bread crumb
White Wine Sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Wash the chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Place between 2 pieces of waxed paper; pound with the flat side of a wooden mallet to about 1/4-inch thickness. (Cook's Tip: Meat should be thin, but be careful not to tear.).
- 3Snap off tough bottoms of asparagus. Place in boiling water and cover for 1 minute. Shock in cold water, drain and pat dry. Set aside.
- 4Prepare stuffing mix as directed on package; set aside.
- 5In a small mixing bowl, combine the salt, pepper, butter, mustard, garlic and wine. Lay out the chicken breasts, brush the inside of each chicken breast with the melted butter mixture.
- 6Place 3 asparagus spears on the buttered side of the chicken breast (arrange so that the asparagus tips peek out when the chicken breast is rolled up), and 1 slice each of ham and swiss cheese. Starting from the narrow end, roll each chicken breast up tightly to enclose the filling. (If necessary, secure with toothpicks.)
- 7Brush outside of each chicken breast with the remaining butter mixture and then roll in bread crumbs. Place the rolls in a 13x9-inch greased baking dish, seam side down, and top with the prepared stuffing.
- 8Bake for 40 minutes, or until the chicken is browned and juices run clear.
- 9Meanwhile, prepare the sauce that will accompany this delicious dish.
- 10White Wine Sauce:.
- 11Over low heat, melt the butter in a medium-size saucepan, add the shallots; cook 7 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 12Add the cream, wine, flour, salt, pepper, onion powder, and parsley. Stir all together bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until the sauce is thickened. (Makes about 1 1/2 cups).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus-Stuffed Chicken Cordon Bleu With a Creamy Wine Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (467 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1020.4
- Calories from Fat 551
- Total Fat 61.3 g
- Saturated Fat 31.3 g
- Cholesterol 245.7 mg
- Sodium 2936.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 60.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: