Cherry Chicken Lettuce Wraps
photo by Maggie
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger (use fresh ginger root, minced)
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 8 ounces dark sweet cherries (pitted and halved, or use dried cherries)
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, toasted and sliced
- 12 romaine leaves
- Heat one teaspoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ginger and chicken and saute until cooked thoroughly (about 7-10 minutes). Set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together the reserve two teaspoons of oil, rice vinegar, teriyaki sauce, and honey, until mixed thoroughly. Add chicken mixture, cherries, carrot, green onion, and almonds; toss together.
- To serve, spoon 1/12 of the chicken/cherry mixture onto the center of each lettuce leaf. Roll leaf around filling and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was even better than I thought!! I used dried cherries since that's what was available and sesame oil for the sauce instead of regular oil, and it really gave it a nice Asian flavor with the ginger. We added some flax seeds for dietary reasons, and they went well, as would sesame seeds (yes, I love sesame...). I was a little concerned that this would be too sweet for my other half with the cherries, but it wasn't because they added such a great almost tart/sweet taste. We both loved this so much, and it makes eating healthier taste so very, very good! Thank you for sharing this.
This made a terrific lunch for us today. Made exactly as written except that I ran out of green onions making another recipe so we didn't use them in this. My favorite part was the toasted almonds...really made it extra nice and had a good crunch. I'm terrible with wraps so I just ate mine on a bed of lettuce. Next time I think I will add some celery and garlic. Also, I will season the chicken with salt when cooking. A fabulous recipe that the whole family enjoyed. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT3
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>My husband and I live in Cambridge MA with our dog Archie. <br /> <br />I used to be a mediocre cook, with little interest in cooking ... then I joined Weight Watchers in Oct. 2006. I finally realized that to maintain my weight, I needed to find lots of extremely yummy, healthy foods that I enjoyed eating -- and the best way to do that is to learn to cook, and to learn to enjoy cooking. This web site has been 95% responsible for getting me there! <br /> <br />As of Oct. 2007, I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers, having lost 70 pounds and weighing less than I've ever weighed as an adult. I owe a lot of it to the recipes I've found here! <br /> <br />Re: rating recipes -- I only give out five and four stars, and very occasionally three stars. I don't see any point in giving lower scores; I can't be sure a recipe has turned out badly because of something I've done. Besides, even if I don't like it, the next person might -- and if they see a one-star review, they'll never bother to try it. So I review the ones I've loved, and don't say anything about the ones that didn't work for me. <br /> <br />Hooray for vegetables! <br /> <br />. <br /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/Saturn6666/KiwiDutch/3chefstag1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/Zaar%20World%20Tour%203/ZWT3-Participation.gif alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/smPACp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PAC08Main.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></p>