Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
I like the ingredients but I haven't made this yet. It was something I copied from a cookbook I don't own but I don't know which one.
- 1⁄2 lb fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 6 ounces brie cheese, rind removed
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- In a large saucepan, saute asparagus in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended and cook for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Gradually add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Place 1/2 the soup at a time to blender until smooth and return to pan.
- Cube brie and add to the soup. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
While we were in Swizerland years ago my husband had Asparagus soup. He has raved about how good this soup was ever since and I had never found a recipe that was even close. This was!!! It is fantastic and he loved it. The only change I made was since asparagus was not in season and we really can't buy white asparagus here I used canned white asparagus (that was the color or the asparagus in the Swiss soup). It worked great and this is one recipe I will use every time I want to win points. Oh, yes....we have been married 58 years and I am still trying to please him.