Courgette, Basil and Brie Cheese Soup
Found this in a magazine, great flavours.
- Ready In:
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 garlic clove, chopped fine
- 1 dash white wine
- 1⁄2 pint vegetable stock
- 1 1⁄4 lbs courgettes, chopped
- 7 fluid ounces milk
- 7 ounces brie cheese (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons cream
- 15 basil leaves, torn, plus extra to garnish
- salt and pepper
- Melt the butter in a large heavy-based pan and fry the onion 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Add the potato, garlic and wine, and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir in the stock and courgettes and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat, then cover and simmer gently for 20 minutes or until the potato is cooked.
- Pour in the milk, add the Brie and heat through gently until melted.
- Stir in the cream and basil, and warm through without letting it boil.
- Season and serve with the extra basil sprinkled on top.
- * If you want a smoother soup just run a stick blender through it a few times.or even place in blender and pulse.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation