1/1 Photo of Asparagus and Yukon Gold Potato Soup With Roasted Tomatoes (Spar
Kumquat the Cat's friend's Note:
Posted for Zaar World Tour 2005. This would make a very pretty "spring" soup. From The Swedish Table by Helene Henderson. She recommends peeling the tomatoes but I probably wouldn't bother. I have not tried this recipe yet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb potato, peeled and chopped (Yukon gold or russet, 1 large)
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 lb asparagus, rough ends discarded and diced into chunks (about 16-20 spears)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 lemon, juice of (3 tablespoons)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- 2Place tomatoes cut side down in metal broiling pan for 20-25 minutes or until lightly seared and skins begin to curl.
- 3Meanwhile, in a large pot combine olive oil, potatoes and onion. Cook on low to medium heat, stirring often, until onion is translucent and potatoes begin to soften, about 6-8 minutes.
- 4Add asparagus and cook 2-3 minutes more. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- 5Add broth and simmer until potatoes and asparagus are just done, about 3 minutes.
- 6Using an immersion blender or conventional blender, process soup for a few seconds until blended but still chunky. Add lemon juice and additional salt and pepper if needed.
- 7Peel and discard tomato skins (if desired). Transfer tomatoes to a food processor or blender and add chipolte pepper (or hot sauce), Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and sugar. Process until smooth.
- 8Ladle asparagus soup into bowl and garnish with generous tablespoon of tomato mixture.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus and Yukon Gold Potato Soup With Roasted Tomatoes (Spar
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.4
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 71.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: