Prep 5 mins
Cook 13 mins
Quick and simple meal in a bowl. Great in the summer or anytime.
- 236.59 ml jasmine rice
- 9.85 ml unsalted butter
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1.23 ml red pepper flakes
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 44.37 ml fresh lime juice
- 44.37 ml reduced sodium soy sauce
- 4.92 ml cornstarch
- 4 salmon fillets, skin removed (4 ounces each)
- 4.92 ml canola oil
- 2 (283.49 g) package Baby Spinach
- 9.85 ml black sesame seeds
- Heat oven to 400°F
- Cook rice as directed on package.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat, saute garlic and pepper flakes until garlic is lightly golden, 1 minute. Add brown sugar, juice and soy sauce; cook until bubbling, 3 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine cornstarch and 1 teaspoon water; stir into garlic glaze. Cook until slightly thick, 1 minute.
- Arrange fillets on a foil-lined baking sheet. Spread 1 teaspoon glaze over each fillet. Roast until just cooked through, 12 minutes.
- In a medium skillet, warm oil over medium heat. Add 1 package spinach; saute until just wilted. Remove from pan; set aside. Repeat with second package spinach.
- Divide rice among 4 bowls; top each with 1/4 of the spinach and 1 salmon fillet, broken into large pieces. Drizzle with remaining sauce; sprinkle each with 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds.
My third Asian dish I fixed this week. I know, I know...I probably need an intervention at this point. Fabulous dish!