Recipe by Pasta-Bella
This became one of our favorite salads this summer. It is modeled after a similar salad at a local deli. My niece prefers it served warm as a noodle dish rather than a salad.
- 1 (12 ounce) package chow mein noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon black bean sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar or 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup oil, more as needed to prevent sticking
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce (to taste)
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1⁄4 cup peas, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine oyster, black bean, soy and chili sauces, sugar, vinegar, and oil to make dressing.
- Toss dressing with vegetables and cooked noodles. Serve at room temperature or chilled as a salad. Or warm if you're like my niece and prefer it as a noodle dish.
- The amount of dressing mixed with the noodles can be adjusted to suit personal taste.