Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Mushrooms are very good for you, new research shows they may help to ward off infections and cancer. The recipe comes from Jean Carper, usaweekend.com
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 cups assorted mushrooms, sliced (white buttons, oyster, portabella, crimni, shiitake, if using shiitake, discard stems)
- 3 cups cabbage, cut in wedges
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 2 cups chicken breasts, shredded
- 2 cups fresh udon noodles (or substitute 2 cups cooked linguine)
- 1 cup chopped green onion, with some of the green tops
- 2 cups shredded raw spinach or 2 cups whole baby spinach leaves
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon mirin (sweetened rice wine) (optional)
- In a large pot, combine broth, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, mushrooms, cabbage, carrots and chicken.
- Cover; Bring to a boil; simmer until mushrooms are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in noodles, green onions and spinach; simmer until greens are wilted, about 2 minutes,Season.