Recipe by Skypoodle
Another recipe from the Lee Kum Kee Mailing list. A hearty chinese entree, delicious on cold winter nights. Serve with rice or noodles.
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 1-inch thick pieces
- 2 potatoes, peeled, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 lbs beef short ribs, 2-inch thick
- 5 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 cups water or 2 cups beef broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat ribs with flour.
- In heated non-stick pan, add oil and brown short ribs on both sides. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add tomato, onion and Chili Garlic Sauce. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add beef, Oyster Flavored Sauce and vegetables and water or broth.
- Bring to a boil then simmer for 45 minutes or until meat is tender.