Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This recipe is for a simple sauce with mild Asian flavors that is made from things you probably keep in the fridge. I used ribs, but any cut will do. Prepare pork in the crock pot as indicated below or use whatever method you prefer for the cut of meat you have.
- 1 lb pork ribs, though any cut will work
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons gingerroot, chopped
- 2 teaspoons black pepper, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- Put meat, fattiest part facing up, in the crock pot.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and pour over the pork
- Cook on low in a crock pot for 6 hours.
This recipe was entirely to salty. We followed the directions to the t - and ended up tossing it.
I used babyback ribs and followed the recipe. I came home to a great smelling house and a tasty tender serving of ribs. Served with Recipe #374228 (made the night before) and Recipe #235408 for a quick easy worknight dinner. Made for Fall 2009 PAC.