1/2 Photos of Artichoke, Leek, and Ham Quiche Filling
1 hr 5 mins
Only one word describes this quiche....WOW!! It is so flavorful and rich that it is best served as an appetizer. Use with the Quiche Crust #200939. Both are from Jan Roberts-Doninguez's "The Onion Cookbook".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (6 ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup leek, chopped (white and pale green portions only, about 1 large leek)
- 1/2 cup ham, finely minced
- 1 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1/4 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- 2Drain the artichoke hearts, reserving the marinade.
- 3Chop the artichoke hearts into 1/4 inch dice and set aside.
- 4Pour about half of the reserved marinade int a skillet and heat over medium-high heat.
- 5Add the garlic and leeks to the skillet; sautè until the leaks are tender and the marinade has reduced and thickened (about 5 minutes).
- 6Add the chopped artichoke hearts, stir to combine well, then remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- 7In a medium-size bowl, combine the ham, cheeses, sour cream, eggs, salt, pepper and thyme.
- 8Stir in the artichoke mixture.
- 9Pour into a prepared quiche crust (#200939) and bake for about 45 minutes, or until the filling is set and knife inserted in the center comes out clean. (The filling will still "jiggle" slightly.).
- 10Remove the quiche from the oven and serve either warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Artichoke, Leek, and Ham Quiche Filling
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.8
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 155.1 mg
- Sodium 480.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 18.1 g