Only one word describes this quiche....WOW!! It is so flavorful and rich that it is best served as an appetizer. Use with the Quiche Crust #200939. Both are from Jan Roberts-Doninguez's "The Onion Cookbook".
- 2 (6 ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup leek, chopped (white and pale green portions only, about 1 large leek)
- 1⁄2 cup ham, finely minced
- 1 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄4 cups ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Drain the artichoke hearts, reserving the marinade.
- Chop the artichoke hearts into 1/4 inch dice and set aside.
- Pour about half of the reserved marinade int a skillet and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and leeks to the skillet; sautè until the leaks are tender and the marinade has reduced and thickened (about 5 minutes).
- Add the chopped artichoke hearts, stir to combine well, then remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine the ham, cheeses, sour cream, eggs, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Stir in the artichoke mixture.
- Pour into a prepared quiche crust (#200939) and bake for about 45 minutes, or until the filling is set and knife inserted in the center comes out clean. (The filling will still "jiggle" slightly.).
- Remove the quiche from the oven and serve either warm or at room temperature.
I have to agree, WOW!! Delicious, thanks for posting the recipe. I just added some green asparragus to the mix.