Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Only one word describes this quiche....WOW!! It is so flavorful and rich that it is best served as an appetizer. Use with the Quiche Crust #200939. Both are from Jan Roberts-Doninguez's "The Onion Cookbook".
- 2 (6 ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup leek, chopped (white and pale green portions only, about 1 large leek)
- 1⁄2 cup ham, finely minced
- 1 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄4 cups ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Drain the artichoke hearts, reserving the marinade.
- Chop the artichoke hearts into 1/4 inch dice and set aside.
- Pour about half of the reserved marinade int a skillet and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and leeks to the skillet; sautè until the leaks are tender and the marinade has reduced and thickened (about 5 minutes).
- Add the chopped artichoke hearts, stir to combine well, then remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine the ham, cheeses, sour cream, eggs, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Stir in the artichoke mixture.
- Pour into a prepared quiche crust (#200939) and bake for about 45 minutes, or until the filling is set and knife inserted in the center comes out clean. (The filling will still "jiggle" slightly.).
- Remove the quiche from the oven and serve either warm or at room temperature.
I have to agree, WOW!! Delicious, thanks for posting the recipe. I just added some green asparragus to the mix.