Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Creamy, delicious recipe from my family. This is not a quick and easy variety like some of the others on food.com, but it's certainly not difficult! This involves making two sauces and mixing them, then adding them to the chicken. This dish can be served with white rice, or you can serve it with your favorite Spanish rice. I would suggest using fresh tomatoes for this dish.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 cup cooked tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 leaf sage
- 1⁄2 green pepper, sliced into strips
- 1⁄2 red pepper, sliced into strips
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- hot sauce or Tabasco sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut to bitesize pieces
- 1⁄2 lb sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 1 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄2 lemon, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups rice, cooked (use white rice or prepare your own Spanish rice)
- To prepare the Enchilada sauce:.
- Cook onions and peppers in oil.
- Add tomatoes and seasonings.
- Simmer well.
- adjust seasonings to suit your taste.
- To prepare Pollo sauce:.
- Mix ingredients and add to Enchilada sauce.
- To prepare main dish:.
- Saute chicken and mushrooms in butter. Do not fuly cook the chicken. This will be done when you reduce the wine.
- Season to taste.
- Add sherry and green onions.
- Add the prepared Pollo sauce and lemon.
- Heat thoroughly.
- Serve with either white or Spanish rice.
This is not arroz con pollo like you've ever had before. It's almost like a latino flavoured stir fry, for lack of a better way of describing this. It wasn't bad, but I think I prefer traditional style more.
Made for Fall 2011 PAC.