Creamy, delicious recipe from my family. This is not a quick and easy variety like some of the others on food.com, but it's certainly not difficult! This involves making two sauces and mixing them, then adding them to the chicken. This dish can be served with white rice, or you can serve it with your favorite Spanish rice. I would suggest using fresh tomatoes for this dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 cup cooked tomato
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 leaf sage
- 1/2 green pepper, sliced into strips
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced into strips
- 1To prepare the Enchilada sauce:.
- 2Cook onions and peppers in oil.
- 3Add tomatoes and seasonings.
- 4Simmer well.
- 5adjust seasonings to suit your taste.
- 6To prepare Pollo sauce:.
- 7Mix ingredients and add to Enchilada sauce.
- 8To prepare main dish:.
- 9Saute chicken and mushrooms in butter. Do not fuly cook the chicken. This will be done when you reduce the wine.
- 10Season to taste.
- 11Add sherry and green onions.
- 13Add the prepared Pollo sauce and lemon.
- 14Heat thoroughly.
- 15Serve with either white or Spanish rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arroz Con Pollo
Serving Size: 1 (454 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1067.5
- Calories from Fat 263
- Total Fat 29.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 154.1 mg
- Sodium 323.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 46.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: