Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A pleasing combination of apricots and pecans make a lovely quick bread for your family or friends. I make this using Spelnda for 1/2 of the sugar. Low in added fat and cholesterol. Hope you enjoy!
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 4 teaspoons orange zest
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 10 large dried apricot halves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a non-stick 9 by 5 inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Measure all ingredients into a large mixer bowl.
- Beat on medium speed for 30 seconds, scrape sides and bottom of bowl.
- Pour into pan and bake in preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes; turn out and cool thoroughly.
- Slice into 16 even slices.
Well! I thought, 10 apricots, that's not much fruit. But it's perfect in this delicately flavoured loaf. I made it with slivered almonds, and added a little almond extract. My husband loved it he had two pieces warm with butter! Thanks for a keeper!
I made this for our Christmas brunch and it was a hit with the whole family! I also made an extra loaf for my mom and aunt and they raved about it also. I love the orange and apricot flavors. Thanks for sharing!
This was a delicious loaf of bread. It had a heavier texture, similar to pound cake, and the apricot and orange flavors were delightful. We really enjoyed it and with teenage boys coming and going from my house it didn't last even 24 hours. The only drawback was it only made one loaf!