Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
an inexpensive dessert, for a less sweet dish use only 1/4 cup brown sugar.
- 4 cups cooking apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packagecook and serve butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter
- place apples in slow cooker.
- combine remaining ingredients, and cut in butter, until mixture resembles course crumbs, and stir over apples.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Serve over ice cream.
Super easy and so good. I made in the oven and it turned out great. Served with ice cream, delish. made for holiday tag.
This was really simple to put together. My only problem with it was the topping was not crisp. It was kind of mushy which is not my preference. The house smelled wonderful while it was cooking.
A nice change of pace for a dessert from the slow cooker. I used your tip and reduced the sugar. It is a bit softer than I normally like for a topping but the flavors are soooo yummy that you don't really think about it too much. Served with vanilla ice cream which I sprinkled with some fresh ground cinnamon and nutmeg just for fun. Made for Almost 5 Tag event.