Recipe by Ria Bia
This recipe is a combination of the two recipes that are already out there on the internet. I played around with making this dessert a little bit more cakey and the sauce a little creamier and this is what i created. (BTW, I work at Applebees so I am always around the dessert!)
- 236.59 ml sifted flour
- 0.59 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 0.25 ml salt
- 118.29 ml chopped walnuts
- 78.07 ml salted butter
- 236.59 ml brown sugar (packed)
- 14.79 ml vanilla extract
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 egg white (beaten)
- 118.29 ml white chocolate chips or 118.29 ml white chocolate chunks
- 78.07 ml water
Maple Butter Sauce
- 78.07 ml butter
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml cream cheese
- 59.14 ml maple syrup
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml chopped walnuts (dessert topper)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift the flour, then add baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Sift all together into small bowl.
- Add chopped nuts, mix, then set aside.
- Add melted butter, brown sugar, beaten eggs, and vanilla in a bigger bowl and mix well.
- Add flour mixture, slowly while mixing.
- Stir in white chocolate chips or chunks.
- Add water and stir so batter is even.
- Pour into 9x9x2 inch pan.
- Bake for about 25 minutes till toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool then serve with vanilla bean ice cream, maple butter sauce, and sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
- Maple Butter Sauce:.
- Melt butter in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Whisk in sugar, maple syrup, and brown sugar.
- Add cream cheese a little bit at a time, whisking fast until the sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Increase flame to medium-high while whisking continuously till sauce bubbles and thickens.
- Serve warm on top of blondie and ice cream.