Applebee's White Chocolate Walnut Blondie
Life is short - eat dessert first! (Copycat recipe - posted by request)
- Ready In:
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter or 1/3 cup margarine
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
Maple Butter Sauce
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Sift flour, add baking powder, baking soda, and salt; sift again.
- Add chopped nuts; mix well and set aside.
- Melt unsalted butter; add brown sugar and mix well.
- Add egg and vanilla; blend well.
- Add flour mixture, a little at a time, mixing well.
- Stir in white chocolate chips.
- Spread in a 9x9x2-inch pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean or with slightly fudgy-looking crumbs.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and maple butter sauce.
- ---To Make the Maple Unsalted butter Sauce---.
- Combine syrup and butter, cook over low heat until butter is melted.
- Stir in brown sugar until dissolved.
- Add walnuts, if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I butchered this recipe, sorry! I was looking for a blondie counterpart of the "whatever floats your boat brownie" recipe and decided to try this one because at someone posted it was more like a cookie bar. But i probably mixed in too much stuff... I needed to get rid of some white chocolate bars, chopped hazelnuts, coconut and cranberries. Yeah...it was alot and turned out more like cookie dough than brownie/blondie dough (too dry and clumpy) so I added some butter and a second egg and a sprinkle of baking powder too. I said I butchered it! But it did really well. It's a very resilient (sp?) recipe! The bars are perfect! :D Thanks alot!Reply
see 22 more