Maple Butter Blondie Dessert (Like Applebee's)
photo by DeliciousAsItLooks
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups margarine or 1 1/2 cups butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup loosely chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup white chocolate, chunk (or chips)
Maple butter sauce
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons maple flavoring
- In mixer blend butter, and brown sugar.
- Then add baking powder, salt, vanilla, and then eggs.
- Mix in flour.
- fold in chips and nuts.
- Grease a 9 by 13-inch pan and smooth brownie mixture in with a spatula.
- Bake 350°F for 22-25 minutes.
- Top should be shiny and firm when you touch the center with a finger -- do not over bake or it will be dry (oven temps may vary so watch brownies closely).
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, remove from heat and add flavoring.
- While they are still warm, cut brownies into 12 pieces, they may be a little crumbly--they are more cake like in texture.
- Place a brownie on a plate and top with 2 scoops of ice cream.
- Then drizzle with sauce and sprinkle with more nuts.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was literally oozing butter. Probably need to cut the butter in the brownie recipe by half, or at least one stick. It took 10 minutes longer to bake than recipe stated and it went totally flat out of the oven due to so much butter. I put the leftover in the fridge and later, butter had oozed out of it and all the bottom if the brownie was sitting in congealed butter. Was it eaten? Yes, so three stars instead of two. i really think three sticks has got to be a typo! I already had a sauce made so I didnt follow the recipe for the sauce.
Way, way, way, way, WAY too much butter. Cut it by half or more and it should turn out fine. If you've already made the same mistake as half the people here, then just add on 10+ minutes to the cooking time and remember to cut the butter next time. Otherwise, it's good stuff, but as-is, this is overkill on the butter.
see 17 more reviews
This recipe is amazing! I was out of several ingredients but decided to go for it anyway. I used mosty shortening for the brownie with just some butter. I didn't have white chocolate. In fact, I only had a handful of peanut butter chips. And I didn't want the nuts. So...plain brownies for me. Also, I only had 1/2 cup butter for the sauce. I cut the sugar to one cup and used whole milk instead of whipping cream (didn't have any). Then I used vanilla instead of maple. Okay, so I realize this is a lot of substitutions/changes but it is still SO good ... I will definitely try this the "right" way another time. (And with ice cream.) Thanks!
Thank you so much for sharing this recipe! My son and I recently ate at Applebee's and shared this tasty dessert. We both loved it so much that I had to find a copycat recipe. I didn't have white chocolate so I left it out and it's still great! I subbed part of the butter with applesauce to reduce some of the fat, and served with vanilla ice cream. Five stars all the way!