Applebee's Maple Butter Blondie
photo by Pinksprinkles27
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup salted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 egg white (beaten)
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips or 1/2 cup white chocolate chunks
- 1⁄3 cup water
Maple Butter Sauce
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (dessert topper)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift the flour, then add baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Sift all together into small bowl.
- Add chopped nuts, mix, then set aside.
- Add melted butter, brown sugar, beaten eggs, and vanilla in a bigger bowl and mix well.
- Add flour mixture, slowly while mixing.
- Stir in white chocolate chips or chunks.
- Add water and stir so batter is even.
- Pour into 9x9x2 inch pan.
- Bake for about 25 minutes till toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool then serve with vanilla bean ice cream, maple butter sauce, and sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
Maple Butter Sauce:
- Melt butter in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Whisk in sugar, maple syrup, and brown sugar.
- Add cream cheese a little bit at a time, whisking fast until the sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Increase flame to medium-high while whisking continuously till sauce bubbles and thickens.
- Serve warm on top of blondie and ice cream.
see 12 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
When I am not at work serving food, I love cooking it at home for me and my boyfriend! Cooking food is my stress releiver....and so is eating it!!!