Recipe by Cathy Pete
Have not tried this yet. Found this on Boone County Farm website. Wanted to put here for when I go to store tomarrow to pick up some baby food apple slices, I can try this! If some one beats me to the store, Let me know how it is. I think I will added nutmeg because I like it in all quick bread recipes. Makes 1 loaf
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jardiced apple baby food
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup finely shredded zucchini
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄4 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 dash cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine first 6 ingredients.
- Drain apples, reserving the juice.
- In another bowl, beat the egg, oil and reserved juice.
- Stir into the dry ingredients just until blended.
- Fold in zucchini and apples until moistened.
- Pour into an 8x4x2-inch loaf pan which has been coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over top.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack.