Chocolate Chip Zucchini Loaf
Taken from "Crazy Plates" cookbook. Sneaky way to get some vegetable into your diet. Who can say no to chocolate?? UPDATE: I made this again today, for dessert. I served it like a cake/brownie with mocha ice cream. Yummy!
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup fat free egg substitute or 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups grated zucchini, packed
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray 2 8x4 loaf pans with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, egg substitute, applesauce, vegetable oil and vanilla.
- Stir in zucchini.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
- Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- DO NOT OVERMIX.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pans.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until toothpick test done.
- Cool for 5 minutes in pans.
- Remove from pans, let cool before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation