1/4 Photos of Apple Turnovers
This is a yummy baked apple turnover recipe! It uses a frozen sheet of puff pastry, so you'll need to allow 40 minutes to thaw it before starting on the recipe. Prep and cook time does not include this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Cut the pastry into 6 equal squares. Place the cut dough on a large baking sheet covered with parchment paper (for easy clean-up) and keep in the refrigerator until ready to fill.
- 3Toss the apples, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves together in a bowl. Allow this to sit for 10 to 15 minutes so that the apples can juice a little.
- 4Remove the dough from the refrigerator and portion out the apples onto the dough squares. Place the apples so that they are in the center of one-half of each square on the diagonal.
- 5Make an egg wash by beatiing the egg and water together. Brush the sides lightly with the dough wash. Fold the dough over the apples and line up the corners to create triangles. Press to seal. Brush the tops with the egg wash and sprinkle with sugar.
- 6Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until evenly golden.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Turnovers
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.8
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 117.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 14.0 g
- Protein 4.3 g